Favorite Slalom Ski Prop ?

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
I know I should probably post this in a different forum, but I was interested in what you lake skiers use on your outboard ski boats. I use a 15p Aluminum right now - pulls fine, but looking at 13 and 14 pitch in Stainless for just a little more acceleration. Stiletto and Powertech seem to make a nice stainless in the 13-1/4 diameter but haven't tried yet. Everyone else seems make the lower pitches in 13-3/4 and 14" diameter.

Can't wait to get out there next month - water is still freezing in Ohio

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Favorite Slalom Ski Prop ?

Mine is an IO but I invested big time in a 5 blade stainless high 5. However, I tend to favor my 4 blade aluminum solas amita. I think I got too high of a pitched high 5.

oldjeep

Admiral

An Acme 837

Seriously though, this question isn't possible to answer since it depends on the boat and motor combination.

electricjohn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't see you getting to slalom skiing speed with a 13" pitch prop on an outboard.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer

His Profile says:
"Types of Boats You've Owned Current: 1985 Bayliner 1900 w/125 Force"

haulnazz15

Captain

An Acme 837

Seriously though, this question isn't possible to answer since it depends on the boat and motor combination.

Agreed. For the record, I like my 4-blade Solas prop, but I'm running a 15x16 or something like that due to my 1.32 outdrive ratio, lol. I top out around 40mph, but it gets there in a hurry with the 265HP Ford 351W. Not quite tournament boat fast, but definitely a decent holeshot.