Who has ho freestyle slalom ski? Even if u don't ? 4 ya

viper196

Recruit
I've been reading about HO's new freestyle and the matching life vest.

Who has one? Do u like it?

Other question is that I found an article that had a layout of 3 best beginner, 3 intermediate, 3 weekend warrior, and 3 of professional water skis comparison. I have spent hours trying to find it again.

Any good article that you have saved in your bookmarks?

We need a catalog like car and driver for ski and skier. Perhaps water ski mag is it but I have not found any info that gives me an expert comparison.

Cheers!

Last edited:

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Who has ho freestyle slalom ski? Even if u don't ? 4 ya

Agree. Good ski review info is difficult to find.

For about 4 years, skier John Horton out in CA was putting together a team of about 8-10 skiers to conduct annual ski tests. I don't see those posted any more. A TON of work to do, no glory or $$ incentive. Waterski Magazine actually used his test info a couple of years.

John still does personal evaluation of 3-5 skis each season on his website ballofspray.com
Look under gear reviews.

Some links there to video about the HO Freestyle too. Looks like a fun ski for a bit slower speed and fun riding.

BallOfSpray - Gear Reviews

http://www.waterskis.com/HO-Skis-Freeride-Slalom-Water-Ski-p/ho_freeride.htm

Waterski magazine is sort of spotty. They have had pretty good info in the past, but sometimes it reads more like advertising copy from an annual buyers guide. One of the last years it seemed to have some substance:

Water Ski Reviews | High-End Slalom Skis 2010 | WATERSKI

I've done weekend demos from local ski reps, or from a pro shop in the area.
Many of the online proshops offer a demo for minimal cost + plus return shipping. Nothing like trying it for yourself.

or I buy used, non-current gear for 40-50% off and if I don't like it, I resell for about what I paid.

Last edited: