o'brien performers combo

Dhicksaw

Seaman Apprentice
I got a used pair of o'brien combo water skis this year not sure of bindings brand but i know there is a big O or zero on the front part of the bindings. The bad news is one of my heel rubber ripped and i can't seam to find the right one to fit it. the heel binding is adjustable but there is only one Allen head screw on each side holding it on. the Allen screws go threw plastic wing nut type pieces that lock the biding. I
i turn wing nut about 90? and it loosens the heel binge for adjustment. any help would be great. if you know who makes my binge or where i can get a replacement heel rubber that fits thanks
Dennis

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
Re: o'brien performers combo

the "O" is for Obrien - Not sure how old they are - if they are pretty new set you can get a replacement from Obrien directly. Or pick up a junk ski on ebay just for the bindings - i bet you could score something for cheap since skiing season is getting close to over up north. Pic would help out.

Dhicksaw

Seaman Apprentice

2013-09-16 18.06.09.jpg2013-09-16 18.06.21.jpgnfig]212368[/attach]2013-09-16 18.04.05.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-09-16 18.03.42.jpg
    2013-09-16 18.03.42.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0

Dhicksaw

Seaman Apprentice

TThanks for the reply all the heel replacement rubber i can find are for HO or connely can't seem to find one fir my kind or type of binge. do you know if this is a high wrap or not. im new to water skiing

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander

that is just a standard binding that has been used by obrien for decades... but I haven't see that type of adjustment in a while... i would look at 2 part clear epoxy and mix up a good amount and glue it back in (let it set for 2 days) and see if there are any screws that will hold it as well (use stainless) ... not sure what you gave for the skis but this time of year I'm sure you could pick up a different set off craigs list for 50 bucks or less. If the slalom ski (the one with a rear toe strap) is still good maybe just keep that one for your buddies that ski on one ski and get something different. Or you other options is ebay and get another set like these if you like them: O'Brien Performance Combo Water SKIS170CM | eBay

O'Brien VIP Combos Water Skis 67" 170cm Water Skis | eBay