need ways to attach tow rope

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer
I have a big old 255 crusier and I would like to pull the kids on the tube and skies. I had a nice tow point in the center of the old boat to tow a skier. I only have dock cleats on each side on the top. I don't even have the u-bolts for strapping down to hook the y rope systems to. Here is a picture of the back and right in the rear coners right under the cover is were the only two cleats I have are. I am heading to bass pro shortly to get a boat hook pole and not sure if they have anything to use back there.
back.jpg

haulnazz15

Captain
Re: need ways to attach tow rope

Why not just install a ski tow ring or a couple of u-bolts somewhere above the swim platform? The center eye might cause the rope to interfere with the boarding ladder, but you could test out the angles with a piece of rope. If you installed the two u-bolts (one on each side), you could use the standard pulley in between them and the ladder wouldn't be a factor.

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Well I just got back from bass pro didn't see anything I liked. I am thinking a single ski eye below the bumper right above the rear light in the ladder. I think if I mount the loops at each end and use the pulley line it will be in the way of the side ladder for sure. I also would rather just put it up there in the center and be done. I am just not sure do I really have to drill a hole in the transom first to see how thick it really is or are they all standard. I am thinking maybe using this is this what you guys are thinking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-water-ski-eye-stainless-steel-transom-mount-/280775694883?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415f891a23

badbowtie

Chief Petty Officer

Okay well I just called local store and they stock this one. http://seachoice.com/products/hardware1/lifting/ss-ski-tow-2-38d-38-x-3-threaded-legs/
Next question is I am going to go get it tomorrow just not sure behind it are the washers that are included with it good enough or do I need to install a piece of plate or something to even out the load If so like what. I will never be pulling two or three people with this since it is a cruiser.