Water ski pole bracket

MountainManMyke

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey guys, I am just putting together a 1976 Princecraft 15ft fiberglass tri hull and I had replaced the stringers and I have all my plywood cut for my floors. Before I put in my floors in, would anybody know how I can make a support bracket for a water skiing pole and where to attach it? Thanks guys.

75TowerOfPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Water ski pole bracket

You could build the base between two stringers and fiberglass it in. That way you can keep the structure part out of view for a clean looking install. Then if you know you want to always have it in you can fiberglass around it at the sole level. So build the sole around it or have it be able to fit into the mount and attach it thru the hole in the sole.

Inboard/ Outboard or outboard? This will determine the ways you can mount.

MountainManMyke

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have an outboard 80hp. I was looking and had seen waterski towers with a tripod style design you can purchase on Ebay. They are about $250

cherylfoster

Banned

We could build the base between the two fiberglass stringers and so you can keep the structure from view for a clean installation of search. So if you know you always want to have in the fiberglass around the home. Feel free to develop around the base or to be able to fit into the holder and security through the hole in the sole.

translation agency

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer

A tripod style will mount into any solid deck without stringer tie in, However if you are already working on stringers an re decking the boat I recomend glassing inn a block to mount to stringers. I dont know what type of skiing you do, but 80 hp seems way underpowered for shortline slalom skiing. Are you refering to a taller wakeboard pylon? if so the rules do change because the longer the pylon the more torque placed on the brackets.

MountainManMyke

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You don't think an 80hp will be enough to pull water skiers? I thought it would be okay as far as torque because my boat is a 14.7 ft tri hull. Haven't tried it yet though, so i don't know how it will perform.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Your 80 hp will be just FINE for waterskiing.
Kmarine, no one has mentioned shortline slalom skiing in this thread. Please pay attention.

Your 80 hp will be just FINE for waterskiing.

Ditto that. I've got a 15 ft. boat with a 90 and it's got plenty of power to pop skies or wakeboards up. With experienced skiers I never even get close to full throttle getting them out of the water.