Ski Pole Attachment

wan2live

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,

I have a ski pole (unkown brand name) I do not have the base for the ski pole or the eyes for the side poles that would attach to the top of the back portion of the boat or sides depending how you would install the pole.

My question is for a 87 Bayline capri with a outboard.

Could I attach the pole to the center front portion of the transom and re enforce the fiberglass with 2inch ply and use ubolts like those used on exhaust systems to fasten it to the boat? I know it is not the way it is designed to work but I do not have all the parts that originally came with the pole nor do I know where to get them quickly.

The reason for the pole in such a hurry is this weekend is the 4th of July and my friends want to SKI and WB. I have a Y connector rope but it's harder for them to get up I guess. I would need to remove the side arms in order to attach it to the front side of the transom.

Photos below of where I would like to attach the pole to.

Attachments

• IMG00041.jpg
    IMG00041.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1
Re: Ski Pole Attachment

Without the proper hardware you're asking for trouble. For one thing those "side arms" are meant to take most of the load and transfer it to the transom or splashwell. Your options are to find the hardware so you can use that ski pole the way it was intended, find a different ski pole that will fit your boat and that has all the hardware, or just use your ski-harness.