kneeboard repair question

lowriderdog37

Recruit
Hey all, I have been doing some searching on the internet, but haven't found much info out there. I inherited my cousins kneeboard, but it needs a new pad and proper mounting. Can anybody point me in the right direction where I can get good info on this? Thanks in advance.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: kneeboard repair question

search the brand of the board, then parts.

lowriderdog37

Recruit

I found out it was an HO Sports board (looks like HD on the board). I haven't been able to find a new pad for it though.

OhWellcraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sometimes it is very hard to find parts for kneeboards especially if they are a bit older. New straps can be had quite easily but most of the other parts are hit and miss. I have an obrien that has retractable fins and one of the cables broke I have looked EVERYWHERE to no avail so now it is my 7 year olds he likes the fins down anyway. Might try to call HO direct and see what you can dig up however HO(herb obrien) and obrien are almost one in the same. You may have to get creative and do something yourself for the pad. I am assuming it has the knee wells formed into it. If you can find a pad don't pay too much for it there alot of kneeboards out there. It might not be worth it unless it is a board you really love.