Kneeboard-Should I get a Lowrider or a Razorback?

Ted Bell

Recruit
I used to kneeboard about 15-20 years ago with a bunch of friends who had boats. Now, years later, I have my own boat and want to get a kneeboard for my wife and me for recreational weekend use. I'm trying to decide between the O'Brien Lowrider or the Hydroslide Razorback. For the most part my wife is a calm/passive rider - I suspect she will spend most of her time swinging back and forth, slalom style, on the board, but she will probably also do some small hops off the wake (I doubt she will ever try to get massive air). I'm a bit more aggressive, but while I might try to get a little higher than what she will try on wake jumps at 6 feet and 190 pounds and 40 years old I don't think I'm going to try and set any height records. Should we get the Lowrider or the Razorback?

Thanks,
Ted

ovrrdrive

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Kneeboard-Should I get a Lowrider or a Razorback?

I'd say get whichever one fits your knees better and is more comfortable to you. Don't be afraid to put one on the floor in a store and strap yourself in it to see if it fits.

I would also recommend trying to get a board with retractable fins. It makes it much easier for beginners to get out of the water on a board with fins and they help you cutting back and forth too.

As for age, pfft. You're never too old. Look at Banana George.