1988 Ski Supreme Pylon Replacenent

Status
Not open for further replies.

nh-skier

Recruit
I have an '88 ski supreme that needs a pylon replacement. Looking for pylon supplier recommendations for this boat, or suggestions for getting a new pylon custom machined. I am more interested in a solid pylon than the original look, so sourcing pre-made is preferred, but will consider both options. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Davo1982

Cadet
Hey nh-skier,
I thought the original was solid? I wonder if it changed but know the early 80's models are. With that being said, I could not find a replacement for mine anywhere. I found some that were close but I'd have to make several modifications to the mounts to get it to work. I ended up having one machined at a local machine shop. It wasn't terribly expensive, If you have the old one, any machine shop should be able to copy easily. I made mine 4" longer than stock which also helped out with snagging the engine cowl.
~Davo

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dave please take note of when a topic was last posted to. Its been a while since NH started this topic and he hasnt been back since posting this.

After 90days of inactivity, best not to post to the topic unless you started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.