Got up in the single ski - hip problems and all - woo hoo!!!

firstx1017

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Got out to the lake Saturday and water was pretty cold for me - had to wear a wetsuit, but I got up on the single ski - even with my hip problems. Woo hoo! I wasn't sure how hard it was going to be to even GET the ski on, but I managed to get it on and get up on the second pull! Throughout the day I got up 4 times and each time was on the second pull. The elusive first pull still eludes me! lol I have to remember to wait until I am thoroughly spashed in the face with water up my nose and then stand up! lol However, we were so incapacitated with sore muscles, we had to cancel our Father's Day 30 mile bike ride and opt to rest the sore muscles. I can tell we are a year old, but I am soooooo glad I was able to get up. Hips didn't hurt while getting up, but I ski left foot forward and crossing the wake from left to right was a little iffy - but I'll take it - beats not skiing at all! Now, if I can only find a flagger for next weekend! :rolleyes:

Vicki

firstx1017

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks - and we found a flagger for tomorrow - so I will be out there again!! woo hoo!!!