Need bindings for Ski. How much and where to get?

malibu3105

Seaman
I purchased a ski last year really cheap. Problem is, the bindings don't fit my feet. I called one ski shop and they quoted about $300.00 just for a front and rear binding. See pics. Is it worth paying that for this ski? I believe it's a good ski, but no expert here. It's an HO Fusion, I believe 67".
Do I invest in bindings, or just go for a new ski with bindings.... or just leave it for smaller people to ski on lol.
-Frank

Attachments

• photo238626.jpg
    photo238626.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo238627.jpg
    photo238627.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo238628.jpg
    photo238628.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo238629.jpg
    photo238629.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 0

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
I did the same thing as you. Bought a used slalom ski for $25 to save a few bucks that had bindings that didn't fit my feet well......a little too big. It was an O'Brien and it probably required a skill level above what I was capable of. It was very twitchy. It wanted to either cut left or cut right. Had to really work at keeping it pointed straight. I thought about replacing the bindings too....until I saw the cost. I finally bought a brand new slalom ski matched to my skill level with the correct bindings and I'm glad I did. What a world of difference. Had I done a little more research and educated myself about ski's, I would have never bought the used ski.

malibu3105

Seaman
I did the same thing as you. Bought a used slalom ski for $25 to save a few bucks that had bindings that didn't fit my feet well......a little too big. It was an O'Brien and it probably required a skill level above what I was capable of. It was very twitchy. It wanted to either cut left or cut right. Had to really work at keeping it pointed straight. I thought about replacing the bindings too....until I saw the cost. I finally bought a brand new slalom ski matched to my skill level with the correct bindings and I'm glad I did. What a world of difference. Had I done a little more research and educated myself about ski's, I would have never bought the used ski.

Good move. Can I ask where you purchased your Ski? I found a pair of OBrien doubles on Ebay I will probably get. But want something for me. Just me :)
Plus want the strap in bindings.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
I purchased it on line from a store in the Seattle,WA area. Can't remember off hand the name of the store. It's an HO Free Ride. I really like it but I don't have a lot of slalom experience. Only other slaloms I've used are the twitchy O'Brien, and a Maherajah. The Maherajah was pretty good. I've also use the single slalom ski from a set of combo O'Briens. It was really easy to get up on. The Free Ride is harder for me to get up on, but it's really fast compared to the slalom ski from the combo set of O'Briens.

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer
The HO Fusion is at least 15 yrs old. I wouldn't spend money on new bindings. You might find something used on ski it again dot com website. Or just a better, newer used ski with bindings that fit you.

malibu3105

Seaman
Ok, good advise. I am seeing lots of skis on Ebay, etc. So yes, will look around and not spend money on old equipment.

malibu3105

Seaman
Thanks, I have been thinking the same thing. I also found OBrien Siege with both bindings for about the same price as in your link.
Better way to go and have new skis instead of putting bad money after bad.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
The P-6 that oldjeep mentioned is a GREAT ski. My girlfriend learned to slalom on one. It will take her a few years to progress to where she needs anything different. I think that would be an excellent choice.

If you have time, go to the different manufacturers websites and research their ski's and what level of skier they are for. I don't think you'll beat the P-6 though. Good Luck!