Need a wake tower and keep factory bimini

billinstl

Recruit
Hi all! I'm new here. I'm looking for a wake tower that I can add to my 2012 Tahoe 215xi without having to give up my factory bimini top. The factory bimini has the drop down change room built in and my kids/wife use it a lot, so giving it up would not be an option. That being said, we are all really getting in to wakeboarding and trying to do that from the low factory ski tow hook is not ideal. We are ready to start doing some jumps and I think the tower is going to help with better air time.

So, are there any towers out there that will fit over my factory bimini? I was researching this last year and swear I had found one, but I failed to bookmark it and now I can't seem to find it again.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If you can't find a tower wide enough to go outside the factory bimini you might consider finding a way to mount your current bimini onto the tower instead of the hull There will be mounts available to attach it to the tower. You might just have to shorten the ends of the main hoop on the bimini.
When looking for a tower, look for one that mounts a bit 'out' rather than 'up'.

Good luck.

jflem514

Cadet
Rallyart have you done this before? If anyone has I'd love to see how they did it. I have a Monster tower on my Tahoe Q7i and I bought the small bimini that Monster offers. Its just to little. Especially with me now having a baby girl. I need some shade. I still have the original bimini for the boat and it has never even been used. Would love to find a way to make that work.