Torn Between Wake Tower Brands

Bulbash

Petty Officer 1st Class
I looked at a few different towers for my Bayliner Capri 1750... I was thinking either to get Big Air Storm or H2O tower or Monster MT1. Can anyone comment on installation and overall quality?

Also what is better polished or black powder coated?

Stimulated!

Cadet
Hi, we have the Aerial Freeride from H20 on a Crownline 18ft in powder coated black. It's a very strong tower. Our only complaint is that its a bit of a bastard to fold down if you are planning to put the boat in a garage.

I also considered the Monster tower which is nicer looking and I think easier to fold but I wanted the rotating kneeboard/wakeboard racks.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
I have a Monster MT2 on my Tahoe 216WT. It has been on the boat for 3 years now an it is still like new. It does not "shake, rattle or move." I like the polished look but it goes better with the boat I have. I can tell you that the tower folds down very easily and it can be done with one person. I have no experience with the other brands but they look nice also.

jflem514

Cadet
I have a Monster tower on my 2011 Tahoe Q7i. I love it. I have had no problems with it. Only thing that kinda sucks is the speakers hang a little low for my liking. I'm 6'1 and have bumped my head a few times on them. Mine is powder coated black also.

Bulbash

Petty Officer 1st Class
thanks for your input guys. I ended up getting a Monster MT1. Currently there is a nice deals runned by Monster company. $699 for MT1 tower with a free shipping...