Bimini top that goes on ABOVE wakeboard tower?

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Any recommendations for a brand of Bimini top that will go on above my wakeboard tower? The factory Tahoe bimini won't work with my setup. The only one I have found is a "Krypt" brand. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks

jflem514

Cadet
what kind of tower do you have? I have a Tahoe Q7 with a Monster tower and I bought the bimini straight from monster that goes over top the tower. It is much smaller than a regular bimini top though.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Unfortunately I don't know. There is not a single marking on the tower that tells who makes it. I just found the big air super shadow bimini's but can't find reviews on them either. The only question I would have about them is what to do with the top when trailering the boat.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks to Chuck at waketowerpro.com for identifying the tower for me.. He said it's an older style "ice" brand tower. After discussion with him, I've decided to go with the Big Air Super Shadow tower. It's 6 ft x 6 ft and will fit over my tower just like I need it to. Can't wait to get it ordered and get it on the boat!

jflem514

Cadet
Nice. When towing my boat mine folds up and has a zip up pouch that it all goes into. Its pretty simple and easy to use. Post a picture when you get it all set up!

Cldwell

Seaman Apprentice
I have the big air Bimini and it works great. When towing the boat just simply remove the Bimini and the frame will stay attached to the tower.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks Cldwell. I'm going home to measure my tower tube diameters tonight and get it ordered in the next couple of days. A bimini is much needed during mid-August in Oklahoma! I can't wait to get it here and get it installed!

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Cldwell, do you have any problem with the middle 2 support poles twisting to where they aren't point down in back? What's your fix for this? Thanks. P.S. - Other than that, I love the bimini!

Cldwell

Seaman Apprentice
I have never had that problem. I am not able to look right now the the best I remember mine can't flip over the way they are mounted. Will look when I get off work and back home at the end of the week

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Dang, that looks an awful lot like mine. If you would, when you get home, could you take a pick of your clamps right by the rope connector/pylon thing? I'll take a few pics of mine and show you what it's doing. I just can't figure it out!

Cldwell

Seaman Apprentice
Can't get pictures to upload if you can pm me a email I can send them that way?

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
THANK YOU! Looks like mine...now! I had to take off the center clamps and readjust to where everything was "square". Drove around all day yesterday and today without any twisting issues. I just think I didn't have the poles/clamps square to each other originally. Thanks for posting!