new boat interested in starting to wakeboard

theguy5000

Cadet
i resently bought a 1990 four winns 225 sundowner it needs work to be how i would like it to be had a tower on it but was removed was going to install a tower for styling but they can be expensive and i would like to know if wakeboarding would be a good use for the boat? or what would be good options ballast, installing trim, or a different boat? i was thinking that a big air vapor tower would be my choice for styling and cost

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
Re: new boat interested in starting to wakeboard

It all depends where you boat and what you want to do with it. I have seen boats like the sundowner with towers and they work fine. You can always put fat sacks in the front cuddy if you need more wake.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Other benefits to towers are the ability to store boards, skis, ropes etc. up on it and out of the interior. You don't ned a tower to start wakeboarding but it is a 'nice to have' that becomes better as the riders get better.

theguy5000

Cadet

Well I just want it to be a beginner to medium wakeboarders but to spend I fair bit of money I would like to know if it would be able to do advanced stuff with a couple modifications that would be worth it

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

You can still do tricks without the tower you just will not be able to get "big air." If it were me I would wakeboard for awhile and then see if you need a tower. If you choose to get one you can tell the difference because it pulls the person up from the water and not down due to angle of the rope to the rider. I can say that a tower is nice for keeping the wakeboards up and out of the boat on the racks. You can also hang your washed laundry on it like a drying rack...ha.