cant pull up on kneeboard rope

HannibalK1ng

Recruit
Hi,

New to boating and new to kneeboarding.

I can get up and strapped into the kneeboard quite easily with the rope hooked onto a aquahook.

but as soon as i pull the rope it pulls me into the water as its way to strong for me.

i weight about 170-180 pounds and dont consider myself weak but i just cant manage to do it....

any suggestions?

thanks!

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: cant pull up on kneeboard rope

Try holding the handle as close to board as possible. Sounds like you are holding it too high and it pulls you forward and then the nose of the board dips into water. The height that you hold the handle is VERY important with a kneeboard. Try and stay below your belly button to start.

Welcome aboard!

HannibalK1ng

Recruit

thanks for the suggestion and warm welcome!

Also could i try connecting the rope to my tower rather then the tow hook?

Husker-Q

Seaman Apprentice

we kneeboard all the time via the tow hook. I weigh 230 and have no problems. I would ask 1) are you leaning back on the board? If you have your back straight up - you'll likely nose dive so you need to lean to the back of the board, and 2) perhaps not fast enough - we find 20-23 mph to be best - though individual preferences come into play.

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

From what you are describing it sounds like the board nosedives when you pull the rope from the hook. Try keeping your weight to the rear of the board and up the speed like Husker-Q said. Keep you arms close to your body at first and your elbows bent. Don't let the rope be pulled out too far in front of you or it will try to pull you over. We pull the kneeboarders around 20-25 MPH. When I am up on the board I lean back and sit on my feet just like you would when sitting on the floor. Several people I know had the same problem and they just leaned back as far as they could until they got the hang of it. It takes time but you will get it and before you know you will be spinning 360's.