wakeboard rack cleat mount

goduke21

Recruit
Does anyone know if there is any other wakeboard mount that uses a cleat other than lcw. I saw that some old threads mentioned a site called rusty racks but that site no longer exists. I just don't want to pay $429 per mount. I also don't want to get a tower yet. Any help would be appreciated.

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: wakeboard rack cleat mount

I have a rustys rack and it is awesome. So nice to get those boards off the floor of the boat!!

Lake Lizzard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

sharps45 - it would be great to get some pictures on your website of the rack installed on a cleat on a boat. I'm having trouble visualizing it. Maybe some pictures for the forum?

goduke21

Recruit

He is building me 2. When I get them I will post some pics.

sharps45

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's how they fit on-

newmount4.jpgnewmount1.jpgnewmount2.jpgnewmount3.jpg

the first shows how you fit the mount on the cleat, second how to line up the rack with the mount, third and fourth putting on the rack and tightening the wing nuts. You pretty much just leave the mount on the boat.

By the way, if anyone has one of the older racks with a different mounting system, I will update you to this new mount for the cost of shipping alone.

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the old mounting system...will the new mount system retro fit?? My hinges started coming off :-(

Lake Lizzard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's how they fit on-

View attachment 157736View attachment 157737View attachment 157738View attachment 157739

the first shows how you fit the mount on the cleat, second how to line up the rack with the mount, third and fourth putting on the rack and tightening the wing nuts. You pretty much just leave the mount on the boat.

By the way, if anyone has one of the older racks with a different mounting system, I will update you to this new mount for the cost of shipping alone.

I see gel coat fractures around the cleat bolts. Is that from the weight of the rack and board or were they already there? That would be my only worry.

jetman42485

Cadet

The crack would be my concern too. Let me know and if its not from he rack sign me up!