wakeboard tower help

dpd2483

Seaman Apprentice
i am thinking about a wakeboard tower for the boat dos it help. i have not ben on a boat with one.

Dave.Mishchenko

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: wakeboard tower help

You can certainly wakeboard without one. As you progress and you start to get air, the tower will help prolong one's hang time. This is due to the fact that the row will be pulled more in a horizontal fashion when attached to a tower rather than downwards as is the case if you're using a transom hook.

A tower can also free up some space in your boat if you add some racks to carry your wakeboards, skis, etc.

What sort of boat are you looking to add a tower to?

dpd2483

Seaman Apprentice

i just went from a bass boat to a 20ft ski boat.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

To me, personally, until you get really darn good, what they help with is getting the boards off the floor of the boat and getting sound out behind your boat when you drop anchor and float.

oldjeep

Admiral

To me, personally, until you get really darn good, what they help with is getting the boards off the floor of the boat

That is the only reason I bought mine - storage for the boards and skis

Hunters Dad

Cadet

It is a very handy place to store your boards (and a great place to mount speakers)...
BUT
Our tower helped LOTS of kids get up - that weren't able to get up before we got the tower (the tow point on your boat is at a downward angle from the rider, with a tower the rope pulls UPWARD. The rider pops right up ;)
AND
For the ones who were becoming stronger riders, they advanced their w2w skills very quickly (for the same reason mentioned above)
Bottom line - if you are 'into' wakeboarding - or have a few people in your group who have a passion for it - it is well worth the investment. We got ours from Big Air - just under $1000 out-the-door including shipping. Installed in one day.