Kneeboard question

briguy2817

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Kneeboarders of iboats, I found a kneeboard for 80 bucks on clearance at a local store, how do I know it's not a piece of crap kneeboard?

I've never done it before, but my daughter and I have always wanted to try it. I thought for the price it would be a cheap investment to our fun. Is their anything I should be looking for in a kneeboard before forking over my hard earned cash?

Brian

ryansdata

Cadet
Re: Kneeboard question

Get it. They are fun. A nice feature is a rope holder on the front but it is not necessary. Some have fins, some don't. Make sure it has a decent wide knee strap and decent foam padding.

I enjoy the one we have and encourage my sons to try - but only the 9yo has and liked it this year.

$80 sounds like a steal; we got a low-end something from West Marine for about $100ish, maybe it was $125

Mason M

Cadet

Sounds like a great deal. Kneeboarding is very easy, anyone can do it and it's a lot of fun. enjoy

briguy2817

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm going this morning to pick it up. Now it's a matter of waiting the winter out until I can use it.

Brian

jkust

Rear Admiral

Kneeboarding is fun but I can't last near as long as I could when I was a kid. It wears you out quickly and it is a little embarassing to have lost 100% of your former skills. I gotta think it's better than the Hydroslide I had when I was young when kneeboarding first made its way onto the scene. I never used the fins since they restrict what you can do and no need for a front hook since you will likely use it only a few times before it is not needed. I need to find some some skis and a better tube this winter.

mxfever

Petty Officer 1st Class

I spent too many years on a dirtbike and my knees can't take it anymore. Don't get me wrong. It's still a lot of fun!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I spent too many years on a dirtbike and my knees can't take it anymore. Don't get me wrong. It's still a lot of fun!

OOOOOOOOOOOh I am so with you on this!!!! I read kneeboard and all I can think of is my knees exploding!LOL:D

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Kneeboarding definitely a good time, although much like others who have aged, it seems to create more discomfort now that it used to. For me it is a foot cramp everytime I get on it....spend half the ride trying to massage out the cramp!

Word of advice....remember to lean back a bit when entering/exiting the wake.....dipping the nose of the board into the water results in a very abrupt stop!

Have fun!

skibrain

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Better than leaning back is keeping the handle low. Think of a steel cable connected from the boat to your navel.

And when learning, remove the knee strap or kneel on top of it. There is plenty of grip to keep you in place until you start jumping the wake. The face plants don't happen in that same eye-opening way when you're not locked into the board. :)

glengold

Petty Officer 1st Class

get a used 80 dollar wakeboard with adjustable bindings so everyone's feet will fit.

BoatingCop

Chief Petty Officer

Kneeboarding definitely a good time, although much like others who have aged, it seems to create more discomfort now that it used to. For me it is a foot cramp everytime I get on it....spend half the ride trying to massage out the cramp!

Word of advice....remember to lean back a bit when entering/exiting the wake.....dipping the nose of the board into the water results in a very abrupt stop!

Have fun!
Yes always lean back!! I learned the hard way when I was first learning.

I always thought I was the only one who got foot cramps when I got on the board! It olny happens to me the first couple rides of the season though.

You'll love knee boarding. I like to hook it to the back of my bro's wakeboard boat and try to get some air on the wake! Make sure you nail the landing though (If you're knees don't give out lol) or you may have a face plant!

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class

the worst is when u do backflips and come up short :) talk about digger. not so bad when u land upside down just on ur head...i know it sounds bad but its not. the worse is when u just cant get the nose of the board all the way around and it catches, because u have to carve read hard into the wake so u have that lateral motion, as well as the speed of the boat. really rips on ur back. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 0

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class

oh once u get getter, steer away from the bouyant boards, like the thick foam core, and get a neutral bouyancy board. they are much better. harder carves, bigger air, smoother surface tricks. make sure u get a good adjustable strap.