DIY pro wake vs krypt pro air towers

searay12

Cadet
Re: DIY pro wake vs krypt pro air towers

good luck, if you havent noticed everyone around here seems to think diy wake is the cats meow. hard to get a good opinion on the other brands

Hogger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check the Krypt towers on ebay. They have been selling pretty regularly from $450 to about $750 with about $150 shipping.
Look like a good tower. if I can still get a good deal in the spring I will be getting a Krypt myself.

craze1cars

Lieutenant Commander

Been very satisfied with my DIY wake tower (Pro swoop). I hesitated briefly on the thinner legs at the time. But now that I own it, I do not see how 2.25" legs would be better than 2.0" legs for this purpose. My 2.0" tower is absolutely stiff as a board, dead quiet, and doesn't flex or creak one bit. And we're pretty tough on it at times.

I do not need to fold mine to get it in my garage, and I hope I never need to. It isn't horrible, but it's far from a "pull the pin and drop it" type of routine. You need a hex wrench, undo two bolts and loosen four more. When I put mine together I put it together TIGHT. I wouldn't think that repeated loosening and unbolting would promote a tight/quiet tower over time. And many of these bolts are threaded into aluminum. I'd think that eventually repeated usage will hog the threads out of the aluminum blocks.

But I am just theorizing, so honestly I could be wrong on my predictions above. My DIY Wake tower is reportedly foldable, but I've never folded it...and hopefully I never will need to.

wired1236

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got the DIY on mine and garage it every time I take it out, (about 20 times a summer). Comes down in less than 3min. Easy. I did buy the hand knobs from Krypt for the front tubes so I don't have to use the allen wrench. I stipped out the pegs on one side using the bolt. Will probalby get another set for the top bolts so I don't have to use any wrenches.

wiegs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got the DIY on mine and garage it every time I take it out, (about 20 times a summer). Comes down in less than 3min. Easy. I did buy the hand knobs from Krypt for the front tubes so I don't have to use the allen wrench. I stipped out the pegs on one side using the bolt. Will probalby get another set for the top bolts so I don't have to use any wrenches.

Got some pics?

derekpfeiffer

Petty Officer 1st Class

This winter I'm going to put a New Dimension tower on my Nautique...custom built for it...Lil more expensive but beautiful tower and folds forward so can still work on the mid engine with the tower down...well worth the extra I feel.

Good luck

well to tell you the truth i just went with a monster tower solid as a rock

solar7647

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have the same DIY tower you have the link for. I dont see any differance in the two. The larger tube size wont make any differance in strangth only a few lbs of weight. The DIY tower folds pretty easy. The idea of adding the hand knobs in place of the bolts would make it that much easyer. Plus not only is it $100 cheaper, shipping is free also. Mine should up 4 days after ordering and was pretty easy to build. An extra person will be needed though.

Good luck

IMG01059-20100808-1809.jpg