Need a watersports buddy in GA!

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone else have this problem? I have a boat, board, rope etc.

My wife has NO intrest in learning to drive the boat what so ever. My kids are under 6. It is July 8th and I have not YET been on my kneeboard. I am 43 and not getting younger. I worry I won't be fit to do this much longer, when I do go, I am out of practice. Should I post a personal ad?

"Middle aged male seeks someone with small boat experience in towing skiers, tubers and kneeboarders. Will supply boat, gas and all supplies. Social drinker (AFTER BOATING) ok. No daredevils or obnoxious types need apply, weekends are best."

I love my family and all but I feel like the cheaufer (sp?) out on a Sunday!

convergent

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need a watersports buddy in GA!

Well hang in there... eventually the kids will be old enough to drive for you! I just taught my daughter to drive and got back on skis for the first time in about 15 years.

Seriously, I don't think I'd post an ad like that. You might try posting something on the bulletin board at Church, work, or the kids school or something.

As the kids get more into the age of going to school and being on sports teams and such you'll be hooking up with a lot of families with similar aged kids that would probably love to go boating with you. When our kids were that age we had a couple we were very good friends with (both families had 4 kids in your age group) and they went through about 5 or 6 boats during that time and we went with them all the time. I had owned a boat in the past and he liked us to go because his wife wasn't that keen on backing the trailer in and such. I was fine with it so he and I handled everything and his wife could relax.

Its way better to have a close friend with a boat than to have a boat yourself you know! ;)

mxfever

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry but I had to laugh when I read this one. I'm in a similar situation. My wife will pull me wakeboarding however we have 13 month old twins A little tricky to hold on to two squirmy kids in life jackets and try to drive a boat. We have to wait until we have company before I can even think about hookin a rope to the back. But such is life and I wouldn't change it for the world!

JasonB

Lieutenant

Aye. My kids are 4 and 6. Before late last summer, I had to wait until we had others out, but as the kids have gotten a bit older, they are ok sitting down and watching Dad try to ride a board. Once the Wife gets a bit more practice in, we'll be in good shape.

evilnss

Seaman

Does anyone else have this problem? I have a boat, board, rope etc.

My wife has NO intrest in learning to drive the boat what so ever. My kids are under 6. It is July 8th and I have not YET been on my kneeboard. I am 43 and not getting younger. I worry I won't be fit to do this much longer, when I do go, I am out of practice. Should I post a personal ad?

"Middle aged male seeks someone with small boat experience in towing skiers, tubers and kneeboarders. Will supply boat, gas and all supplies. Social drinker (AFTER BOATING) ok. No daredevils or obnoxious types need apply, weekends are best."

I love my family and all but I feel like the cheaufer (sp?) out on a Sunday!

Make a trip out to VA, and i'll drive for ya!

smartwork

Petty Officer 2nd Class

See if you have any local clubs or groups that have either email lists or forums. I see on forums local to our area where guys post invites regularly for almost the same reasons you've stated. Simply go where other local boaters are (in life or online) and you'll find folks to go with you.

Rinker97

Seaman

Thanks. this just gave me another reason not to have kids. lol, yeah im 26 and its hard for me to get my friends to go out its weird how some people don't know how to have fun..

rrkyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey man check out kneeboardworld.com theres alot of great riders in your area that are super nice guys that you could probably hitch a ride with

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry but I had to laugh when I read this one. I'm in a similar situation. My wife will pull me wakeboarding however we have 13 month old twins A little tricky to hold on to two squirmy kids in life jackets and try to drive a boat. We have to wait until we have company before I can even think about hookin a rope to the back. But such is life and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Offtopic but how do your twins do in the boat? I have a 13 month old and she was NOT a fan of the vest when I took her out

mxfever

Petty Officer 1st Class

Offtopic but how do your twins do in the boat? I have a 13 month old and she was NOT a fan of the vest when I took her out

My kids had a fit the first few times they wore them! We also put them in the water and let them float around. We wanted them to know what would happen if they fell in and wouldn't thrash around. Once they got the concept they haven't had a problem wearing them since.

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My kids had a fit the first few times they wore them! We also put them in the water and let them float around. We wanted them to know what would happen if they fell in and wouldn't thrash around. Once they got the concept they haven't had a problem wearing them since.

Ok, i picked up a neoprene vest and its slightly more comfortable for her, going to have to throw her in it and put her in the pool a few times and see if she gets comfy like your kids. Thanks for the info

mxfever

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok, i picked up a neoprene vest and its slightly more comfortable for her, going to have to throw her in it and put her in the pool a few times and see if she gets comfy like your kids. Thanks for the info

Good luck! I'm sure you did but make sure they are the vests that will flip them on over to float on their back.