Question about kneeboard strap

rrkyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I recently bought a HO neutron.

Does anybody know how the pro guys stay strapped in so good?

Im constantly having to pull the strap back up and retighten after every spin or jump

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Question about kneeboard strap

Can't say that I've ever cranked down on the strap. Much easier to leave it with some slack and use your knees to push up when you want it tight. Makes the landings a lot easier if you can soak it up.

rrkyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I really wish there was a kneeboard forum.. Hint Hint..

I do spread my knees to hold it up it just slides down, I see the pro kneeboarders not even coming unstrapped when they wipe out. I was just wondering if anybody knew how.

I do have 28" thighs which may be a problem but my strap does come all the way up.

The one improvement i could see would be if the brackets for the straps were located further back.. Maybe if i get a real compression molded board ill try moving them.

a70eliminator

Captain

I've always thought those thigh staps needed some elastic binders just keep them snug at all times, I know what you mean as I have little skinny thighs and same issue, alway seems like I'm loosing the strap.

theMAdfisherman

Recruit

I know what you mean about the strap not staying tight. I noticed that my feet move around alot when I turn or jump and that changes how tight the strap is.

If you tighten the strap with your feet spread far apart as they can go, rather than having them tucked tight under you and having your ankle bones touching. This also seems to be easier on your knees and takes some of the strain of your feet and ankles.

Hope it helps