Getting more air on a kneeboard.

I Mow Grass

Cadet
We have a old 1976 Glastron with a 85HP Johnson on it. Without having to put a pylon or tower on, that is our last resort. Is there any other way we can rig it to get more air?

Thanks,

m_court15

Seaman
Re: Getting more air on a kneeboard.

You could always add more weight to the boat. I would say make sure you learn the proper techniques as this will help a lot. I'm not sure about a kneeboard, but on a wakeboard you are suppose to take a nice progressive edge all the way through the wake and stand tall when you hit the wake. When I got the proper technique down I added about 2ft. of air to my jumps.

cadunkle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

More people or fat sacks. Also what kind of board do you ride? Some of the newer boards are supposedly pretty sick in what they are capable of. There is a vid on youtube of some guys on old '80s or '90s rotomolded boards doing some sick tricks without a tower or pylon. In any event, check out www.kneeboardworld.com. Not the most active forum but it's the only kneeboard specific forum I've found.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Those fat chicks that are borderline cute make great ballast additions.

Yes, I'm going to hell for that.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Be sure and fine tune the length of your rope for the most optimum spot on your wake.

To me, on the kneeboard, air comes from a short pull in on the rope and a short quick tightening of the body and movement of the back back a inch or so at the right spot on the wake.

conk3416

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hold the rope at chest level, when you are almost to the wake pull the rope toward you and down to your waist. That should give you good pop off the wake.

Al Bee

Cadet

AHHHH! yet another! lol thanks buddy!

Those fat chicks that are borderline cute make great ballast additions.

Yes, I'm going to hell for that.