Home Made Wakeboard tower!!

87Chap

Cadet
im looking to build my own wakeboard tower. i have access to pipe benders and very good at welding so the work is not a problem and the tools is not an issue.

I am looking for a diagram and or plans on one i can build and i'm having a hard time trying to find them online. any help would be great!!! thank you :D

or if anyone has any tips or advice that would be helpful too!

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Home Made Wakeboard tower!!

Hey, sorry for the delay on the reply.
Been a little busy with a lot of problems at work.
I know I saw a really good DiY somewhere, I am trying to see if I can find it again. If I do, I will post it.

smitty1258

Petty Officer 2nd Class

http://bierbower.net/diytower/

my personal fav

redneck_wakeboard_boat.jpg

kartman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i just modified a swingset for a front porch, not the ugly square lookin ones, it has nice flowing lines. its at the powdercoater right now. when i get it back, i will post pics.

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I love that wooden one It is pretty freaking awesome. Who needs Fat Sacs? Not those guys. That tower probably put them way over there recommended weight limit.

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And, I just noticed, that the board and bindings in the upper rack is the same one that the wife rides. I like their style.

J. Mark

Petty Officer 1st Class

Going home to build a wooden tower right now!

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I am looking for a diagram and or plans on one

Not to be cras, but if you are going through the trouble of making your own tower, why make what someone else finds attractive? Make one custom for your specific boat and your specific tastes. Look at a catalog of boats (search for 'wakeboard tower' on google images) and make a combination of what you like most baout other (prefab) towers. If is your boat and your time, make what you will be proud of and what will truly be *your* tower.

smitty1258

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i just modified a swingset for a front porch, not the ugly square lookin ones, it has nice flowing lines. its at the powdercoater right now. when i get it back, i will post pics.

waiting on pics

kartman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i havnt gotten it back from the powder coater, but here is some pics of it before i sent it. it will be powder coated silver, im thinkin of painting the boat white and silver/grey. just havnt decided yet.

Attachments

• 0330091936a (2).JPG
    0330091936a (2).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 0330091936a.JPG
    0330091936a.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 3

wanttofly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looks sharp, hope it works out well. Looking forward to the pictures when the tower is done.

SteveDavis

Seaman

Well, maybe it's just me, but I perfer the non home made racks. I would never let a wood rack sit on my or someone I knows boat. Metal racks are the way to go, but I have not seen a good home made one yet. Maybe someday.

cribber

Lieutenant

i havnt gotten it back from the powder coater, but here is some pics of it before i sent it. it will be powder coated silver, im thinkin of painting the boat white and silver/grey. just havnt decided yet.

Ya gotta show more pics when you get it back from the coaters and mounted. Looks great!!!

conk3416

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just got done making my own wakeboard tower. Its made out of steel tubing, and connected together with heim joints. Its just spray painted right now but i plan on powder coating it this winter.

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2

bradrc

Recruit

I saw some nice ones out there that where home made. i think if you know what you are doing it could really save yoou some money. And i agree, why not build something that someone else would admire. Also i think weight could be a matter. Using steel or even wood would be a little heavy. Don't you want to try to the weight down on your boat. i would use a light metal. Just my thought.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I actually really like that wooden one. I wish it were feasible.

stimps

Cadet

I looked into making my own, a good friend is an awesome fabricator as he makes all the pulpit rails on the luxury motor yachts we work on. Also have access to really cheap metal work. In the end though I purchased a jobe 1.1 tower as making one was just not worth the effort. The tower fitted on perfectly, proper feet and joints, light weight aluminium tubing so less stress on boat and it looks great. Worth giving some serious thought.:D

BaylinerNN

Cadet

Just finished changing the mounts on the homebuilt tower. Spent time sanding and pollishing it as well. I used a Heim joint with bolt for mounting. Did so I could fold the tower back to place the travel cover on as well as placing in the garage.

Attachments

• 100_4780.jpg
    100_4780.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_4785.jpg
    100_4785.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_4786.jpg
    100_4786.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1

4x4fab

Recruit

Just finished changing the mounts on the homebuilt tower. Spent time sanding and pollishing it as well. I used a Heim joint with bolt for mounting. Did so I could fold the tower back to place the travel cover on as well as placing in the garage.

I know this is an old post. I'm a fabricator. I have the same boat. I'm looking to fabricate my own tower. Yours looks great! I'm just curious where your got the pieces at that you used to mount the tower to the boat?