Glastron SX 175 Wake Size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glastron SX 175 Wake Size

I'm looking at a 2001 Glaston SX 175 with the 4.3L.... My Question: I've heard Glastrons are very smooth, has anyone wakeboarded behind a SX 175? Does it produce a decent enough size wake for intermediate riders? Obviously that's a subjective question, I know. I currently have a 93 Four Winns 170 Freedom with the 2.3l and it actually has a wake with some decent pop (but the boat is seriously under powered). I know its random, just like to know if someone can tell me if I'll at least get the same size wake with the new boat. I'll post a pic below so anyone can see the current wake size of my current boat. Any input would be appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...HNTcU9tMWtZSkU

Too me the wake on a 175sx is big, but I was a slalom skier where a small wake is preferred. A as wake board boat, it is too light to make the ridiculous waves desired by boarders. There are boats designed specifically to make annoying wakes.

Comment

Thanks jimmbo!

Comment

You should be able to get a similar wake, but the wake in your photo is very clean and that helps when riding. On your current wake, I think I would take a bit of length out of the rope though.
        With the bigger engine you can easily run some water ballast. If you put a 400# bag in the bow and trim up the drive a bit once your are at speed your wake should be bigger than what you have now and there would be lots to learn behind a wake of the size you would be riding. The pros to back rolls on the flats with no wake. Good luck.

Comment

Rallyart,
          Much appreciated!!!

Comment

I learned to wakeboard off a maxum 18ft with only a 3.0. The wake was small standard, but add a few fat sac ballast tanks to the ski locker and sides...and trim up a bit...and she made a much bigger hole in the water. Fairly decent.
            Never going to be a nautique or a Malibu, but did the job

Comment

Working...
            X