Foldable Wakeboard Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

WakeFun

Recruit
Any suggestion on foldable wake tower??? Looking to get one for my Tahoe 215 Xi . I store my boat on a lift under a canopy and would like to keep doing that. So the tower has to be easy to fold, preferably one person job.....appreciate your experienced advise..Thanks.

WakeFun

Recruit
Thanks for the reply. Actually, I am looking for folding as a feature since I've to fold it every time before getting on to the lift. Based on my online research, I could narrow it down to Monster MTK, Aerial Free Ride and Roswell Avaitor. I really like MTK but Monster don't talk much about the foldability or ease of it. Roswell do but it looks a bit expensive which is fine if it serves the purpose. If I can get some first hand information from someone who has used these towers, it'll be very helpful....

oldjeep

Admiral
One thing to keep in mind when looking at towers that fold is where do they fold to? That is going to be more important than how easy they fold if you are trying to climb in and out of the boat at your lift with the tower down. My current tower folds forward and basically sits behind the windshield, makes it very easy to get in and out of boat from the back seat with it down. My last one was a 4 legged tower that folded back, sitting on the engine box. You had to climb over it to get out of the boat or squeeze under the arch.

Picture of them side by side so you can see what I mean
WP_20140415_001.jpg

WakeFun

Recruit
Thanks again. That's a very good point to think about accessibility while the tower is down. I am moving toward the forward fold/forward inclined options. Which brand is of your current tower (Forward Folding one) can you share your insight/experience on that?

oldjeep

Admiral
Current tower is a 2012 factory Malibu G3 tower, not something that you can buy for aftermarket applications. It uses 2 stainless knobs that you unscrew to fold the tower, newer versions have latches/levers.

I'd have a look at some of Roswells other towers, they have a few different kinds that fold forward and they design and build OEM towers for a lot of major boat brands
https://roswellmarine.com/wakeboardtowers.php

I think they start around 2K for just a tower and no racks

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a Monster tower, although I'm not sure which model,, the previous owner had it installed. One person can fold it easily by loosening two knobs and folding it back. But like Old Jeep said, it's a pain to climb over when trying to get in the boat with it folded down . Otherwise I really like it

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
I have a Monster MT2 and it folds to the rear. Not the model your looking at. I have seen several Monster MTK's and they can either fold to the front or rear, it depends how they are installed. Unscrew the knob and they fold down.

WakeFun

Recruit
Thanks for the reply. I am really down to Monster MTK Vs Roswell Aviator and hoping some one with practical experience can chime on and shed some more light to help me make a decision.

TWest80

Recruit
New Dimension Tower all the way. They fold down and they are custom made to the specs of your boat (year and model) We had one mounted on our '94 Malibu Echelon. Wayne was great to deal with adding extra fiberglass for strength, Malibu stamp in the tower plates, and actually helped us with a broken trailer axle after he had mounted the tower on. Long story...I was skeptical about spending the extra $$ on a New Dimension Tower, but after seeing it on our boat I wouldn't suggest going with anything else. New Dimension is top notch and proven to give the performance of a great tower while also adding to the curb appeal of the boat. Thanks Wayne. We will never forget what you, Red, and Don did for us.

Attachments

• photo310934.jpg
    photo310934.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
New Dimension Tower all the way. They fold down and they are custom made to the specs of your boat (year and model) We had one mounted on our '94 Malibu Echelon. Wayne was great to deal with adding extra fiberglass for strength, Malibu stamp in the tower plates, and actually helped us with a broken trailer axle after he had mounted the tower on. Long story...I was skeptical about spending the extra $$ on a New Dimension Tower, but after seeing it on our boat I wouldn't suggest going with anything else. New Dimension is top notch and proven to give the performance of a great tower while also adding to the curb appeal of the boat. Thanks Wayne. We will never forget what you, Red, and Don did for us.

You sound like an Amazon shill for ND. Three attaboy posts for ND is more than enough, you don't have to post this drivel in every wake tower thread you find. We get the message. How are things in the Assburn, VA AWS office?

Don't post in old threads.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.