Super Lube Axle Grease Caps 2.33" Rubber grommet

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have the Super Lube hubs withe the rubber end caps and the zerk in the center of the shaft....whenever I launch/dunk the trailer I remove end caps and add 2 strokes of grease to zerk to expel any water from hub. The rubber plugs seemed to crack/deteriorate/maybe leak, so several years ago I purchased some neoprene Bearing Buddy Bras to go over the hub caps to protect rubber caps from UV/cracking/leaking and as a double water seal....works great so far!

I have new hub caps to cover the grease caps so hopefully that will protect the rubber seals from UV degradation.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I will see if I can find bearing buddy bras to fit my axles. I will have to measure the OD of the axle when I get home Friday.Thanks RG

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

Installed the OEM Axle caps with rubber plugs this evening. I picked them up from my BPS. They found them at another BPS and had them shipped to the BPS that I use. As promised they were $3.74 each plus tax. Caps were driven on with a rubber hammer using a 2" PVC pipe coupling as a strike plate. The PVC fits perfectly over the domed axle cap so you can strike it evenly during installation.

Attachments

• photo223354.jpg
    photo223354.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo223355.jpg
    photo223355.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 0

Worldcat

Recruit
I've been doing quite a bit of research and would appreciate some feedback. I have a trailer with the EZ Lube system. New bearings all around new dust caps and center rubber zirk covers. 1st launch- came back and a small amount of water inside every dust cap. Is there a way to better seal these caps and still be able to remove them periodically to make sure everything is good. As I said...all NEW and still took on a small amount of water intrusion. I do not believe the bearing buddy system will work on this set-up. I don't mind doing maintenance but I it seems ridiculous to have to pull the dust caps and check for water after launch. How can I seal the caps or prevent water from entering? Thanks in advance.

Bonus Check

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am going to try what someone suggested above by putting bearing buddy bras on the dust caps over the rubber center caps. I don't think anything will fully keep all water out unless you try to put a bead of silicone around the dust caps and the rubber seal. But then you would have to apply silicone every time on the rubber seal. When the hubs are hot and you back them off into the water to launch your boat, the rapid cooling from being dunked will create a vacuum thus drawing water into any crack it can find.