Alumacraft 12' Flat-Bottom Jon Boat

Anthony6

Recruit
Question, im looking at getting Alumacraft 12' Flat-Bottom Jon Boat and wanted to know if i could just through the boat in the bed of my truck rather than getting a trailer? thanks

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Question, im looking at getting Alumacraft 12' Flat-Bottom Jon Boat and wanted to know if i could just through the boat in the bed of my truck rather than getting a trailer? thanks

First thing :welcome: to iboat. Anthony. Nice to have you aboard.

Of course you can load the boat in the back of your truck. That is the exact thing I did for about a year before I bought a trailer from K-Mart as there were clearing them out of stock. But it does take some time to load and unload the boat and battery and trolling motor and even a little outboard and tank before the end of the year. But the craving to fish allowed me to do that and just brush it off as that is how it has to work at that time. So if that is the only way you can go to the lake presently, then have at it... :thumb:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Yes you sure can.... Most states require a red flag for overhang of 4' or more by day and red lights by night.
This is measured from the tail lights and or bumper. Check your local laws.

naturelover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, might have a little issue if you have a compact crew cab truck with those really short beds (would be best to put the weight all in the front of the truck of course) A regular sized bed or an even better long bed truck will present no problem.