Homemade PVC trailer posts/guides

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
They will get bumped pretty much every time you load the boat. Count on it.

If I can make a suggestion: make them much higher than your gunwales. It will make it far easier to back your trailer down a ramp safely. I went so far as to mount a LED light kit on the tips of mine, which then allowed me to add another section of PVC above that. Then I ultimately added LED lights to the top of the posts. I'm all about seeing and being seen.

I have tried several times now to attach a photo but the server keeps showing an error. I will try to edit later so you can see.

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Hate to break it to you Jay but ur signature shows em quite well lol

It shows the guides but not the lighting. I have better views I've been trying to upload. I'll try again:

Attachments

• photo204441.jpg
    photo204441.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It shows the guides but not the lighting. I have better views I've been trying to upload. I'll try again:

If you have steps behind the fender like Jay does, it would be simple to add guides to you trailer. All I did on my trailer was purchase to 90 degree metal electrical conduit, then extended them up, covered with PVC pipe and then pipe insulation, for my fishing boat it works great, would want something a little heavier for my run a bout.