Back of trailer hitting the floor

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
18 months ago we asked for some pictures! Are you going let us help you?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Without pics, none of us can offer any help

daddie05

Seaman Apprentice
I found out what is making the trailer so low from the back. Check this youtube link that I uploaded

I need suggestions because as soon as I lower the jack, the trailer suspension moves. Thanks!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The eye bushing is either broken, missing or the spring eye is broken. Compare the spring eye with the other side, you may need a new pair of springs.

daddie05

Seaman Apprentice
Both sides move when I raise/lower the trailer. Neither has the bushing inside

daddie05

Seaman Apprentice
That is normal for a slipper type spring. Not saying that your spring isn't worn out our undersized but what you are showing is how a slipper spring works.

http://www.easternmarine.com/Open-Eye-Slipper-Trailer-Leaf-Springs/

Mine definitely aren't these leaf springs. Both my springs have an eye on both ends. I never paid too much attention to the trailer until I noticed it grazing the groundwhen pulling into driveways. It's gotten far worse where i can't get it out of my own driveway.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Show a video of the other side when you place weight on it.

So does the other end of the spring use a shackle like this? Normally the shackle is towards the rear of the trailer as shown in this diagram if you have a double eye as you just stated.
doubleeyespringhangerkit.jpg

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
On my Wellcraft's trailer, I have an open eye slipper spring on it and it looks identical to what you have. Mine is a tandem.