1.68"

jparks89

Cadet
Does anyone know anywhere that I can order a 1.68" inside diameter grease cap? I can't find them anywhere.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
why would the ID be important...the cap usually fits with its OD....into the ID of the hub.

as a side note: I just fought with some grease caps for a month...I lost my bearing buddy... I bought a pair of dust caps... it really didn't want to stay on..i suspected the id of the hub may have worn or flared, or corroded....the cap last one trip.(one way)..I installed the otherone...it lasted one trip!!!. I bought another heavy duty cap...it lasted one trip!!!!!!!!!!! grrr... made an aluminum one at work...heavy duty wall!!...it lasted one trip!!... then I thought, maybe something else is wrong..I jacked the trailer up and found there was a little play on the wheel bearings... ( they never got warm in use)... and tighted them, put a regular dust cap on. and it has made the last 6 trips!!...

just a thought. to check the wheel bearing play...if you are losing your dust caps

bob

jparks89

Cadet
So the boat trailer only came with one. When I took the one off that I have it was not in the hub but around it. So the id would be the od of the hub

UncleWillie

Captain
Something does not sound correct!
If 1.68 is the Outside of the hub, it must have a 1/2 inch axel and lawn tractor wheels to be able to fit all that inside.
Never heard of a dust cap that installs on the outside of the hub.
What make and model is the axel/hub assembly?
Is this a highway rated trailer?

Time for a photo of the setup.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
your "cap" wasn't plastic , was it???? I know bearing buddies have a rubber-plastic cap that goes OVER the bearing buddy!!!!!!!!!!

bob