Tahoe Q6 replacement wiring harness

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
2007 Tahoe Q6, trailer needs rewiring. It currently has a 5 pin flat harness. Here is what the wires from the current harness look like

I can't seem to find a harness that has the brown wire, the turn signal wire and the ground wire all connected for each side. Any ideas on where I might find one? The lights are Optronics LED lights if that matters. Thanks

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Maybe there is an easier fix. The reason I'm concerned is the pigtail coming from the Optronics tail light has a ground wire on it along with the other 2. Could I buy a 5 way harness with just the brown/yellow and brown/green wires then ground the white wire from the tail lights to the frame? The harness will already have a ground wire that will ground to the trailer tongue.

First wiring project if you can't tell. Finally got the blue wire issue straight in my head. Now wanting to get this one resolved before I break into it. Thanks, Greg

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You can ground to the frame. Just make sure you get the attach point down to clean metal, use a nut and bolt to your trailer and then paint over it to seal it against getting moisture in.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thanks! I feel much more confident now. It's time to get this thing rewired.

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, it wasn't the wiring harness after all. My son and I went to the storage unit last week so I thought why not hook it up to his truck. We did and everything worked. It ended up being nothing more than a 20 amp fuse under the hood of the truck. I guess I'll know where to start next time. Thanks for the input folks.