Bunks

johnpius

Recruit
Should bunks be level from front to back? Mine are currently lower in the rear and it puts the boat close to the fenders.

vans

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Is your trailer built for boat? I would guess if it was designed for your boat there should be some engineering behind your setup.
My Cobalt with Eagle Trailer has minimal clearance between boat/fenders

64osby

Admiral
Set the bunks so they support the hull and to provide the best set up for the boat and your needs when you load and unload.

Every boat and user is different IMO.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Yup forget level.... adjust so that the boat is well supported and sits nicely on the trailer... if the back is too low raise it.... There's no magic science involved..... Just make sure when you store it that the bow is a little higher than the stern so any water that gets inside can drain.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
As Mentioned above: Forget level! The boat hull needs to sit level on the trailer. the bunks are adjusted to contact and support the hull along their entire length (or as much as possible) with the hull level on the trailer. If they need to be tilted to do this, then that is what the trailer/hull combo needs.

As far as fender clearance: The only thing that moves is the axle on the trailer when travelling. As long as there is sufficient clearance between the hull and fenders, the boat will not move enough to do damage. It doesn't matter if the hull is between the fenders or above them. Look at the photo in the above reply.