hub issuses

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Pull the good side, you should anyway to examine it for any soon to be explosions. I think your wanting to know how to measure the spindle diameter rather than the axle right?

Is your trailer a single axle, does it have brakes? Sometimes it's cheaper in the long run to buy a completely new axle assembly that comes with everything matched and ready to go for a drop in replacement.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Depending on how well the axle is and if it is still usable, you can easily buy new hubs with inter and outer bearings, races, seals and even lug nuts delivered to your door for a very reasonable price. My recent trailer rebuild, I bought two such hub setups delivered to the door for around $45 dollars. I went from 4 bolt hubs to standard 5 bolt hubs to accommodate the larger wheel/tires I installed and it was everything new for a song! So like stated above, remove the good side and read the bearing numbers (both inter and outer bearing numbers) and you will have everything you need to replace them then. Oh one other thing, when you install the new parts, make sure you pack the bearings well and stuff as much grease as you can in the hub before installing the dust caps... JMHO!