Good Online Source for Trailer Wheels and/or Tires?

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's time to upgrade from my dated and rusty 2004-spec trailer wheels (23' trailer, 15" wheels), I'd like to get a nice modern aluminum trailer wheel. While I'm at it, the tires could use an upgrade too. Any recommendations for online stores that sell trailer wheels, tires, or both? My go-to for vehicles is Tire Rack, but they have limited trailer tires and no trailer wheels. Our host doesn't seem to offer anything in aluminum, or for larger trailers.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have found that buying tires locally is almost always cheaper than online because of the shipping.

Personally, I would never buy aluminum wheels for a trailer. Way too expensive.

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer
Google "e trailer" and the first place that comes up (put the letter e with the word trailer and you have it) I have purchased from multiple times, including tires for boats and campers. They have been great each time. I have even called them a couple of times looking for special parts and never been disappointed.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
My last 3 sets were bought here:

http://recstuff.com/

If you buy the wheels AND tires they mount them free and throw in a valve stem. Even with shipping it was break even compared to buying local and having them charge for dismounting and mounting. So basically I got the wheels for free (I bought chrome wheels).

Considering I put the old set on Craigslist and got $10 apiece for them I was even further ahead.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yep, neither eTrailer or that last site were even close to what I was able to get mine for.

Do either of these places balance them?

onewhippedpuppy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the feedback thus far!

Bruce, as a car guy I despise rust. No matter how good the steel wheels, they will eventually rust. If I'm buying new wheels, I'd rather spend double for quality wheels that will last forever.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the feedback thus far!

Bruce, as a car guy I despise rust. No matter how good the steel wheels, they will eventually rust. If I'm buying new wheels, I'd rather spend double for quality wheels that will last forever.

and how long will you last versus the tire?

Etrailer was good to me, easy site and local balanced for $20 (all four)

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
These aluminum rims for the trailer under my Glastron came from Shadow Trailers in CA. The chrome rims on the tandem under my Sundancer are rusty and it needs tires to boot so I'll be ordering some aluminum rims from them again. I was more than happy with price and service I got from them a few years ago. They seem to have one of the better selections and their prices are as good or better as anyone. They sell tires too.

http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com

oldjeep

Admiral
I get most of mine from eTrailer. Aluminum wheels are not necessarily all that expensive, The wheel/tire that I had to buy for mine was only $200 - although I got that straight from boatmate.

WP_20141024_002s.jpg

Last edited:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I've had good luck buying trailer tires and wheels (not aluminum, though) from eTrailer, too. I always check out their prices/stock after looking here at iboats. eTrailer has great customer service and fast shipping. Out in the boonies where I live, it's not so easy to find much of a selection of trailer tires. I can order them online for less than I'd pay locally (even with shipping).

oldjeep

Admiral
I've had good luck buying trailer tires and wheels (not aluminum, though) from eTrailer, too. I always check out their prices/stock after looking here at iboats. eTrailer has great customer service and fast shipping. Out in the boonies where I live, it's not so easy to find much of a selection of trailer tires. I can order them online for less than I'd pay locally (even with shipping).

Same here. I don't live in the boonies, but I haven't really found anywhere that has a good selection of trailer tires locally. You can get little ones at NorthernTool and the Goodyear dealer sells those horrible Marathon tires, but haven't found a source for Kenda or Maxxis around here.