Wheel Bearing Size 2008 Tahoe Trailer

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW so many unknowns it is near impossible to tell you what size bearings you need. I'd suggest taking the old bearing with you to the parts store and they can match it up without a problem. Make sure you change both the bearing AND the race too on all positions and grease liberally... JMHO!

keith2k455

Chief Petty Officer
Do you know the axle manufacturer? By this, I know my prestige trailer axles are 3500# torsion axles made by reliable. If you know the axle manufacturer, you could probably figure it out. Short of this, you will need to pull both bearings and head to the shop.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
All you need is the part number off the roller bearing and the race. Any auto store in town be able to provide the proper bearing. You can also measure the inner and outer bearing bore diameter. Tahoe trailer is like saying I have a 20xx Chevy -- what is the part number for the spark plugs. Chevy has a gazillion engines and the plugs are not the same for all of them. Back to the bearings -- if you look at the tag on the axle it will indicate the load capacity. A 3500# axle will generally have a 1-1/16 bore outer bearing and a 1-3/8 bore inner bearing. Again, any big box store like Dicks Sporting Goods, Tractor Supply, Farm & Fleet and yes -- right here on iBoats will have them.

MoparGurl73

Recruit
Thanks - I know it was pretty broad but I've got no part numbers on anything except the axle. The load capacity and bolt pattern also pose an issue. 4200# and 5 lug. Not normal according to all the parts websites. Thanks Tahoe for that. I've got everything pulled so I'm just going to have to take it somewhere.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Not to worry, just carry the inter and outer bearings and also the rear seal and they can fit them without issue. Then repack them with quality grease and make sure you change the races, Good to go...