Autoride

bspeth

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Still looking for a Yukon,does anybody have experience good or bad with auto ride?My thought is that it is one extra expensive system to have fail but I don't know about its durability.

kmarine

Chief Petty Officer
Replaced the air shocks twice on my 2000 Tahoe. I haul a large 30 foot snowmobile trailer with equalizer bars and still ended up adding air bags in the rear coil springs this time. The difference l is tremendous I have also placed the same air bags in my 2002 suburban. you have the option for internal air pump or manual inflation. The truck rides nice with the auto ride. I now just adjust the suspension how I like it myself. if the truck you are looking at does not have it. The air bags cost $125. and took me 3 hours to install in mt garage. Replacing the autoride shocks were $700 I am much happier with the air bags.

Ming15237

Seaman
I will say I thought the auto rear air suspension on my wife's old 2010 yukon Denali was one of its best features. My boat and trailer are 7600lbs combined, and with the boat on the truck it is still perfectly level, and the ride is as good with the trailer as without! The electro magnetic shocks may fail, but I work on a lot of these trucks and I have yet to see one go bad.