Wobble roller help

natsgrampy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have 2 Shoreline trailers with wobble rollers. The rollers are showing their age. They have small cracks in them.

I have taken the 4-Wheel Dual Wobble Roller Assembly off of the one I don't use. I replaced the assembly on the trailer I use.

My question is, the assembly tilts forward and backwards as the boat is launched and put back on. Should it also tilt left to right?

I noticed as I retrieved the boat Sunday that, the front assembly only the 2 inside rollers contacted the boat until it got further onto the trailer.

If I were to loosen the bolt with the rollers on the arms, not the bolts that attach the assembly to the trailer, would the arms tilt left and right and maintain contact with

the boat the entire time it reaches each roller?

Attachments

• photo209651.jpg
    photo209651.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Yes they should pivot front to back and side to side. Is that picture one of the actual units you are using? There should also be more movement from side to side than from front to back.

natsgrampy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks, they do pivot front to back but not side to side. I will loosen up the bolt a tad.

That is not the actual one I have, but, it is similar.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Good deal. May need a litttle lubricant on those joints. The whole idea behind wobbles is that tey are supposed to move and conform to the hull as you are loading and unloading. The rear set of rollers should drop down into a V to pick up and support the bow as it is coming into the trailer and then flatten out as it becomes loaded.