surge to electric brakes..coupler question

1216bandit

Petty Officer 1st Class
Very good! I am trying to keep the expense down but not too the point of cheaping out. I would think 12" drum would perform as well or better than the 10" drums I have now.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
So 12 inch electric drums it is!

You are gonna LOVE those electric brakes! I changed mine over to 10" eLectric drum (Dexter Nev-R-Adjust) and I'm using the Ford IBC that comes already integral to the truck. They're outstanding.

I only boat in fresh water. If I was dunking it in salt, I would have went with Electric over Hyd disc.

Regards,

Rick

1216bandit

Petty Officer 1st Class
If my surge brake system was in need of attention I would really consider going to electric, but the lines are like new and the master cylinder was just done last year

Bruce, I am looking at 225/75R-15 E rated as well as D rated tires. I am 4200 lbs on the axle and the
E rated tires are 10 ply with max capacity of 2850 lbs @ max psi of 80
D rated tires are 8 ply with max capacity of 2540 lbs @ max psi of 65

Tires are both Loadstar.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
If my surge brake system was in need of attention I would really consider going to electric, but the lines are like new and the master cylinder was just done last year

Bruce, I am looking at 225/75R-15 E rated as well as D rated tires. I am 4200 lbs on the axle and the
E rated tires are 10 ply with max capacity of 2850 lbs @ max psi of 80
D rated tires are 8 ply with max capacity of 2540 lbs @ max psi of 65

Tires are both Loadstar.
Obviously, either are fine. You will end up inflating either to the same PSI.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Understandable considering that off the wall statement.

Yeah. Well, if he did switch to electric drum type brakes he WOULD love them........but, what he is doing, will work just fine!

You can use electric drums for either hydraulic or electric brakes. but not the other way around.........