Anyone ever swap out V blocks for a roller bow stop?

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
The bow eye always gets snagged on the lower V block on my Load Rite trailer. I picked up a roller and plan to (hopefully) set it up to where the roller is above the bow eye for smooth launching. Just wondering if it's a direct swap or I need to fab up a bracket.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
done it on every v block trailer I've ever had.... yep you want the bow eye JUST under the stop IE roller or V block

haulnazz15

Captain
done it on every v block trailer I've ever had.... yep you want the bow eye JUST under the stop IE roller or V block

I would say it's "nice" to have that location, but every boat/trailer design will be different. Some boats have the bow eye much higher up which makes getting under the bow stop impossible if the adjustment range doesn't allow it or is in a fixed-position.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
not "nice" but rather "correct"

You're right some boat and trailer combos don't readily allow it... those are matched and or set up poorly...

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
A lot of the Loadrites with blocks have swing assemblies. I had the same issue until I realized the assembly was supposed to pivot. Lubed and loosened the pivot bolt and WA-la. Drops out of the way when launching, swings back into place as the boat is hoisted back into position.

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
I did this with my trailer some time back and I didn't need to create any sort of bracket.

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got it swapped out over the weekend. I didn't make a bracket, but the middle roller was a little too narrow so I bent the two arms in a little to snug it up. Should finally solve my ramp problem.