Aluminum Hull Bunk Covering

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
I've got an aluminum hull that has, for the past 3-4 years, been sitting on fir bunks that have been treated with CPES and painted, then covered with the bunk carpet that West sells (supposedly doesn't retain much moisture). Climate here (San Diego) is pretty dry overall.

I noticed some corrosion (like nodules protruding from the hull surface) just in front of one of the bunks. I really can't remember if that was there when I re-carpeted (boat sat on original bunks and carpet for about 20 years without moving) or has developed since.

Today I was looking at the "Glide Sticks" that West sells. Apparently they can go right over the bunk carpet. Is that something I should be doing, just as a preventative measure? Anything I should do to "treat"

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The bunk slicks work great and are much better than carpet. I had them on a trailer/boat that I just sold and it made loading much easier and they had groves it the slicks to channel any water away from the hull. I need to add them to my current boat/trailer combo.