1994 Astro Boat trailer question

Cyblet

Recruit
I know this is a shot in the dark but....
My bearings went bad on my 94 Astro Boat trailer and ruined the axle. It is a S17-B boat. Unfortunately, I am 2 hours from where I had to leave the boat and trailer. The place I left it at wants to charge $1000 to repair the thing. I know, that bearing grease would have been a lot cheaper. I went online and see that you can buy whole kits for a quarter of that price. Anyone happen to know who manufactured the trailer? For some reason, I'm thinking EZ-Loader or Load-Rite. BTW, the trailer I have appears to be the same as the one here. I'm just trying to find out the specs for the axle to see what my options are.

Thanks,
Mike

EDIT - Mike - Since iboats has a boats for sale section, it isn't cool to link to competing services. As you can see the ad link has been removed, but the pictures for the trailer are in your message. GA_B, Moderator

trailer one.jpg
trailer two.jpg

Attachments

• trailer one.jpg
    trailer one.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
  • trailer two.jpg
    trailer two.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

Cyblet

Recruit
Well it looks like Brunswick also manufactured the trailer. I was able to get the serial number off the trailer. I'm curious who they used for their axle manufacturer. I am hoping to see if I can get more info on that. Lesson for all, make sure you grease your bearings regularly!

NYBo

Admiral
Brand doesn't matter. You just need to match the specs (dimensions, capacity, etc.).