no running lights

Jhabuda88

Seaman Apprentice
ive got regular trailer lights the stop/turn lights with a 4 pin connector. all my functions work for the trailer, i.e brake, 4 ways, right and left turn signals, but no running lights. i need the running lights, as i am travelling early in the morning. any help will be appreciated. thanks

my trailer lights are both grounded seperately to the frame of the trailer.

Buh-Bye

Seaman Apprentice
Had the opposite problem recently. Turned out my converter went bad (as I have separate brake / turn lights) on my wiring harness. Other suggestions I received included checking your fuses and making sure you have all the proper grounds. Not sure that will help you but might get more guidance if you speficy your tow vehical...

Triangleboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you have all the other lights, It must be coming from your tow vechicle. Take a multimeter and test the brown lead. From there you have to trace it back.

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
If you have all the other lights, It must be coming from your tow vechicle. Take a multimeter and test the brown lead. From there you have to trace it back.

I agree. The brown wire is power for the running lights on both sides. If it were your ground, you wouldn't have any lights at all. The green and yellow are specific to right and left turn signals. It has to be the brown wire.

Do us all a favor and post the answer when you find what it ultimately takes to fix your problem. That's how we all learn.