74' Shoreline Needs parts where to find?

Derekxj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
HEy everyone, so the original trailer from my 74 grady white ( a 1974 Shoreline single axle) , needs alot of help. I recently put the boat in at the ramp
about 4 times, for the first time and had an enormous amount of trouble. I've discovered that the issue is is that the roller bars, do not move at all due to the little rectangular pieces that they should be piviting between image_204722.jpg , being rotted. Where can i buy these pieces? should i just fabricate them? Its making loading the boat a nightmare as the boat ALWAYS wants to kick to one side or another because the roller bars will not move.

See photo for clarification on the pieces im talking about. Thanks!

Last edited:

Derekxj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
While that is not a picture of my exact trailer, those parts you sent the link to look JUST like what i need, so thanks alot! the other bigger angles that hold that whole roller bar on...........what are those called? they look almost like " bunk mounts " that i've seen on some sites. Also, is there anywhere i can buy a whole new winch stand / mount / whatever it is called? lol. Mine is fairly tweaked......and also causing me some problems unfortunately. Its got a double roller setup on it. one up high above winch and one lower on this piece that can rotate kind of. Sorry for my terrible lack of proper terms, im new to all of this trailer part hunting! All of my rollers are shot as well and cracked and from what i've seen on prices of new ones ( plus the pin that holds them ), it may actually be worth while to find a used trailer in better shape than mine.

bobdec

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Search on " vertical bunk bracket " for that bracket, New 'Quad wobble roller ' assemblies run up in the $200.00 range (you can search around) . A new ' Bow stop winch post' is in the $100-200 range. What size is your boat, here is an example of what a used trailer can go for around Atlanta area.. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/4590889636.html

Derekxj

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks again bob.

My boat is a 19' Grady white. The boat only overhangs the last rollers by about 6"