Bow roller height

mia9516

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Has anyone adjusted the height on their bow roller? I've had my boat for three years and haven't but I'm curious as to if I should. When i launch and load the boat the anchor eyelet has to be dragged over the roller causing premaure wear. is this something that is normal or should the strap be level with the eyelet when loaded?

eyelet should be under the roller when loaded. The strap should also be under the roller not above it. The idea is for the eyelet to hit the roller if the tow vehicle has to do a sudden stop. a picture would really help to see what kind of set up you have.

mia9516

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Attachments

• photo204673.jpg
    photo204673.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
That's a poor design. Not much you can do to get it right without replacing it. I'd lower it a bit, just until the strap is level or slightly pulling "up". Then, get a steel chain / turnbuckle bow tie down to compensate for the roller being in the wrong place.

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
Looks more like a keel roller used in a DIY gone wrong than a commercial set-up. I wouldn't trust the entire assembly the way the top plate is attached to the "pole". If/when you brake hard the top piece will give in no time.

mia9516

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Does anyone have a photo of what my setup is supposed to look like?