Tredit Tires Bias Ply

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
According to their website:
Tredit imports tires and wheels from all over the world and prides itself in its service delivering on a JIT basis direct to the manufacturer's production lines.

In other words: Chinese or Korean tires at least for the cheaper ones and not their own.

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
In other words, we're talking a crap product with more focus on delivery than quality?

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
not necessarily. There are good Korean and Chinese tires (and other goods) but you have to find them......... Usually the ones sold under some Western brand names have one important specification only: price.
I found the Chinese Gremax radial ST tires sold under the Gremax brand name extremely good and long lasting. I have a set on my utility trailer, 8 years old, and zero cracks and another set on my boat trailer, 4 years old and in excellent shape. Quite good for the temperatures and sun intensity we have in AZ. The tires were also extremely uniform. For balancing all what was needed was the equivalent of the weight of the valves.

Last edited:

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
That's amazing. I haven't seen that, lately, on major US brands.

Unfortunately you are right.... My cars tires (US brand) required HUGE blocks to balance them. However, this could also be partially due to the TPMS sensors in the rims. One would expect them on the opposite side of the valves to compensate but I didn't look when they were open.

NYBo

Admiral
. One would expect them on the opposite side of the valves to compensate but I didn't look when they were open.
The TPMS sensors are part of the valve assembly. Back a million or so years ago when part of my job at the time was mounting and balancing tires, the practice was to rotate the tire on the rim if there was an excessive amount of weight needed to balance the tire. Often you could then get balance with fewer/smaller weights.

oldjeep

Admiral
The TPMS sensors are part of the valve assembly. Back a million or so years ago when part of my job at the time was mounting and balancing tires, the practice was to rotate the tire on the rim if there was an excessive amount of weight needed to balance the tire. Often you could then get balance with fewer/smaller weights.

Well, most of the time. Some are banded to the inside of the rim.