While we're on the subject, where can I get one of these cheap?

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
If you are gonna use the winch post as a step you might want to invest in a pair of those rock climbing shoe's with the super sticky rubber on the bottom :)

Seriously there was a time when I wouldn't think twice about that.......... But those day's are long gone........

jayhanig

Master Chief Petty Officer
No Title

The fender/step on my little one is tucked under the boat some and my knee does not want to bend that way, so I have this on the back of my little one, it can be adapted to vertical mount also on a post, pretty neat though at the time seemed pricey to me, could not live without it now...:

I've got decent steps for getting into the aft portion of the boat fore and aft of the fender. I can also step on the fender itself as it will easily support my weight.

Attachments

• photo204441.jpg
    photo204441.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
I've got decent steps for getting into the aft portion of the boat fore and aft of the fender. I can also step on the fender itself as it will easily support my weight.

My big boat is like that. The little one is all tucked under the hull. I showed that step on the back of my little one because it can be mounted vertically also up front, pretty nifty, was about $130 I think. You can also buy just the mount and have more than one place that the removable step can be used.