My trailer tires don't show psi pressure?

oldjeep

Admiral
Directional tires noted by inside and outside? That's a new one to me. I am very familiar with directional tires (e.g. ag tires) but they are labelled as to which direction they turn when the vehicle is moving forward, not which side they should be mounted on. They'll mount on either side you just need to make sure they rotate in the correct direction.

They have an asymmetric directional pattern, so you buy them in left and right tires

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Has this topic gone off track? Yeah! Trailer tire comments please. And related to the OPs question. Thanks.

oldjeep

Admiral
Has this topic gone off track? Yeah! Trailer tire comments please. And related to the OPs question. Thanks.

Nothing more to really say about the OP question ;) The pressure has to be on there somewhere

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's generally recommended trailer tires be run at maximum pressure, regardless of the load. I've been in the tire business for 30 years, and to the best of my knowledge, I've never seen a tire intended for use on the highway that did not have the maximum pressure/load information somewhere, usually near the bead.The stiffer the tire, the better where ride is not a major concern.

And asymmetrical tires are not bought for "right and left". You just always mount the side marked "Outside", guess where, outside. They are a different animal to directional tires, which again, are not bought "right and left". The sidewall is marked with some kind of an arrow, usually, and the ones intended to go one the passenger (right) side are mounted with this arrow pointed clockwise. Counter-clockwise for the the driver, or left side.

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Ok let's put this to bed once and for all:

Yokohama Neova.

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/tire/brand/advan/advan_neova.html

correct part translated to 'engrish'
Google Translator said:
ADVAN NEOVA AD05 · AD06, so we adopted an asymmetric directional pattern, when attached to the side walls were stamped "SIDE ACING OUTWARDS" outward rotation and mark. Please attach all in the same direction so that according to the direction of rotation of the tire.
In addition, this tire for the left (AD05) for the right (AD06) because there is, when the order is for the left (AD05) 2, for the right (AD06), please designate two......

1107168001968s0.jpg

Ok so now we know that there ARE actually right and left tires in this world and that the have no place on the O/P's boat trailer MAYBE we can get back on topic... that is IF and only IF the O/P will post up again with more info OR pics.

jspriddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok let's put this to bed once and for all:

Yokohama Neova.

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan/tire/brand/advan/advan_neova.html...Ok so now we know that there ARE actually right and left tires in this world and that the have no place on the O/P's boat trailer MAYBE we can get back on topic... that is IF and only IF the O/P will post up again with more info OR pics.

Obviously, tires that are directional AND asymmetrical would have to be "left and right". But tires that are directional OR asymmetrical do not have to be. I stand by my original answer-no one asked about directional/asymmetrical tires. Honestly, I've never seen any. Are the tires you pictured even available in the US, Smoke?

And the pressure should be somewhere on the sidewall. Look closely, near the bead area, the lettering is usually small. I never seen a highway tire that didn't have this information.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm ending the hijack! The OP has been told repeatedly the tires should have max pressures on the side walls. End of story. None of the other talk about directional or asymetrical tires has anything to do with this topic.

If the OP responds, fine. Otherwise stop posting off topic. Final warning!

wpg manitoba

Seaman
I took a good look at my tires today and no psi rating. This is the information on the tire. 4.80-12, 4 ply, tubeless, Firestone transport king, 1-MBPU, BD-60752.

Should I contact firestone?

bigdee

Commander
I took a good look at my tires today and no psi rating. This is the information on the tire. 4.80-12, 4 ply, tubeless, Firestone transport king, 1-MBPU, BD-60752.

Not sure about yours but every 4.80-12, 4 ply, tubeless that I have had regardless of brand all ran 60psi.

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer

I sure would. It can be either a load rating B (785#) @ 60PSI or a rating C (990#) @ 90PSI. Did you find a rating B or C on the tire???

Edit: mystery solved. I ignored the 4-plys. It is a load rating B. Load rating C would be 6-ply.

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
I still can't believe that these tires were sold without pressure stated on the sidewall.... possibly the tires are so old that the rating has disintegrated OR they have had the sidewalls curbed and worn it off... I think I would be very leery of them and consider spending $75 for 2 new tires.