18' CC ready to go + trailer - Total weight?

jaymoussy

Seaman Apprentice
Total newbie in Cape Cod area, looking at different boats, learning a bunch..

What is the expected total weight of a typical 18 FT CC, ready to go (fuel, sandwiches, no fishing gear) and trailer?

I was thinking 2200 + 600. Far off?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to iboats, Jay

I don't think there is a "typical" 18' CC. There are too many variables. Hull construction, material, fuel capacity, number of batteries, power train, T-top or bimini, single/dual axle trailer, PB& J or Double meat stuffed subs, light beer or full bodied - The list goes on. If you can narrow it down some, then we might come close to a real estimate.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
for a rough number I would say 2000-3600 depending on the boat trailer motor and sandwiches

kjsAZ

Chief Petty Officer
my experience is that older trailers are heavier too. They didn't save as much money in using the thinnest possible steel.... My 17ft trailer weighs ~800#. I have a completely different boat (open bow) 17.5ft and with fuel and some gear (no fishing stuff) I am around 3000#. Dry weight of the boat is spec'd as 1850# just to give you a reference.
As others said knowing what boat (+ year) you have would allow looking it up in NADA as they list the dry weight for many boats. This would give a much better start of the guessing game.

Honestly: go to a scale and get the real weight. Guessing it is a really poor substitute for knowing the weight especially if you want to tow with a smaller vehicle around the weight limit. I tow mine with a 3500# rated Chevy Equinox and wanted to KNOW the weight to make sure it's on the safe side.

Last edited:

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Go to NADA guides online. You can look up a particular year make and model. That will give you the dry weight as a starting point.