Love my WD hitch

agallant80

Commander
I towed my boat to the ramp this weekend and did not use the WD hitch. I forgot what a difference it makes. The trailer will tend to sway, push the truck around and makes the rear end bounce up and down. I would reccmoend anyone with a heavier boat (over 5K) really consider getting one.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Re: Love my WD hitch

Funny... My boat is 10k plus and it doesn't sway, sag the suspension, or bounce the truck.. In fact other than having to make wide turns and avoid low trees I hardly know it's back there.

Glad it's working for you but I wouldn't exactly say ANYone with a 5k plus boat needs one.... Large boat and small truck tho yes

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Sure do.. That's where the second half of my post comes in...... Now if I were towing a 25k lb boat I might need em.

EDIT: actually my hitch is rated for 18.5k with a WDH. If I were pulling a 25k boat it would have to be a gooseneck or fifth wheel ..... Lol

Last edited:

agallant80

Commander

My Duramax was the same way as what Smoke is saying. F150 not so much but the WD hitch makes it much more like the Duramax. So let me revise my statement. If you have a 1/2 tonne truck (1500/F150) and are towing a heavier boat the WD hitch will make it feel like you are towing it with a 3/4. Stopping in the F150 is about as good as the Duramax, I can't tell a difference.